Dedication of the Hebrew University

1930
  • Rate

It is the 1st of May, 1925. On Mt. Scopus, overlooking the Judean wilderness, a crowd wearing western attire (but for one fez and one shtreimel) gathers to witness the dedication of the Hebrew University. A choir sing, and speeches are made. Chancellor of the University, Judah Leib Magnes, gives the first speech. The guest of honour is Lord Balfour, who dedicates the David Wolfssohn Memorial Library, a handsome structure already erect at the top of the mountain.

Persons in segment:

Subscribe to our mailing list and stay up to date
הירשמו לרשימת התפוצה שלנו והישארו מעודכנים

This will close in 0 seconds